A new prerelease update for Microsoft ASP.NET 4.5 has been introduced for Visual Studio 2012 and Visual Studio Express for WEB.
This release updates Visual Studio 2012 with a prerelease update to ASP.NET. Features and updates:
- Enhanced Website publishing
- New ASP.NET MVC Templates for Facebook applications and Single Page Application using knockout.js and ASP.NET Web API
- ASP.NET Web API enhanced with new features:
- ASP.NET Web API OData gives you the flexibility you need to build OData endpoints.
- ASP.NET Web API Tracing integrates tracing data from your web APIs with .NET Tracing.
- ASP.NET Web API Help Page automatically generates documentation for web APIs including the HTTP endpoints, the supported HTTP methods, parameters and example request and response message payloads.
- Windows Azure Authentication makes it simple to enable authentication for web applications hosted on Windows Azure using Windows Azure Active Directory.
- ASP.NET SignalR is an async signaling library for .NET to help build real-time, multi-user interactive web applications.
- ASP.NET Friendly URLs makes it very easy for webforms developers to generate cleaner looking URLs(without .aspx extension).
For more information about using this release, please see the ASP.NET Fall 2012 Update Release Notes.
NB: This is a pre-release software, not a final version and not intended to use in Production environments.
Information Courtesy: Microsoft Download Center