Microsoft has released latest version of Windows Azure SDK for .NET – November 2o11 – Version 1.6.
Windows Azure SDK for .NET, which include SDKs, basic tools, and extended tools for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
Taken from Akash’s blog on Windows Azure here http://blogs.msdn.com/b/avkashchauhan/archive/2011/11/14/windows-azure-sdk-1-6-is-released.aspx
Latest Windows Azure SDK 1.6 includes the following new features:
- Windows Azure Libraries for .NET
- Improved Service Bus and Caching capabilities and performance.
- New service management APIs for storage.
- URL Rewrite 2.0
- Windows Azure Emulator – November 2011
- Performance Improvements to compute & storage emulators.
- Windows Azure Authoring Tools – November 2011
- Windows Azure SDK 1.6 Build 1.6.41103.1601
- Windows Azure Tools for Visual Studio 2010 SP1 – November 2011
- Streamlined publishing: Easily connect your environment to Windows Azure by downloading a publish settings file for your account. You can then configure all aspects of deployments, such as Remote Desktop (RDP), without ever leaving Visual Studio. By default, publish will make use of in-place deployment upgrades for significantly faster application updates.
- Multiple profiles: Your publish settings, build config, and cloud config choices will be stored in one or more publish profile MSBuild files. This makes it easy for you and your team to quickly change all your environment settings.
- Team Build: The Windows Azure Tools for Visual Studio 2010 now offer MSBuild command-line support to package your application and pass in properties. Additionally they can be installed on a lighter-weight build machine without the requirement of Visual Studio being installed.
- Visual Studio now allows you to make improved in-place updates to deployed services in Windows Azure.
- Improved robustness of Remote Desktop Connectivity to Windows Azure VMs.
- Windows Azure SDK for .NET – November 2011
- ASP.NET MVC3 Tools Update Installer
Official Announcement: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsazure/archive/2011/11/14/updated-windows-azure-sdk-amp-windows-azure-hpc-scheduler-sdk.aspx
The release includes the following components for download (for diff processor architecture platforms)
WindowsAzureEmulator-x64.exe Download ( Windows Azure Developer Emulator for Windows x64 )
WindowsAzureEmulator-x86.exe Download ( Windows Azure Developer Emulator for Windows x86 )
WindowsAzureLibsForNet-x64.msi Download ( Necessary libraries for .NET Development in Windows X64 )
WindowsAzureLibsForNet-x86.msi Download ( Necessary libraries for .NET Development in Windows x86 )
WindowsAzureSDK-x64.msi Download (Windows Azure SDK – for Win64)
WindowsAzureSDK-x86.msi Download (Windows Azure SDK – for Winx86)
WindowsAzureTools.VS100.exe Download (Windows Azure tools v1.6 for Visual Studio 2010)
also you can install necessary software’s for Windows Azure development using the Web Platform Installer here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=156784
Ref Courtesy & More info available at:
11/16/2011 Blog Update 1 : Windows Azure Platform Training Kit also available.
Windows Azure Platform Training Kit – November Update
Windows Azure Platform Training Kit includes a comprehensive set of technical content to help you learn how to use Windows Azure platform.
11/16/2011 Blog Update 2 : Windows Azure Platform 90DAY Trial
If you are looking forward to try out Windows Azure Trial account. Try this 90 DAY trial offer http://www.microsoft.com/windowsazure/free-trial/