Microsoft has released an update to WCF Data Services tools – v5.2, this will update the NuGet packages referenced by the WCF Data Services item templates to 5.2.0. This installer also fixes a bug where generating a service reference against a large model would cause Visual Studio to crash.
This release contains the following noteworthy bug fixes:
- Fixes an issue where code gen for exceedingly large models would cause VS to crash
- Provides a better error message when the service model exposes enum properties
- Fixes an issue where IgnoreMissingProperties did not work properly with the new JSON format
- Fixes an issue where an Atom response is unable to be read if the client is set to use the new JSON format
In this release ODataLib now provides a way to parse filter and orderby expressions into a metadata-bound abstract syntax tree (AST). This functionality is typically intended to be consumed by higher level libraries such as WCF Data Services and Web API.
- The WCF Data Services 5.2 installer will update the “Add Service Reference” tooling integration in Visual Studio if it’s already installed, hence it will generate code based on WCF Data Services 5.2.
- The KB2502836 update for Visual Studio 2010 and Visual Web Developer (that gets delivered as a part of this update for Silverlight 5 development) reverts the “Add Service Reference” behaviour to generate code based on the assemblies that shipped in the .NET Framework 4. Running the WCF Data Services Installer and repairing the installation fixes this problem.
[Source: Microsoft Download Center]
DOWNLOAD from Microsoft Download Center
Other Releases: WCF Data Services 5.0 for OData V3